Thursday, August 5, 2010

Make A Wish and BLOW!

This is just a sneak peek at the finished project... Im hoping to get them displayed on the wall
of the newly remodeled powder room this weekend!!   yipppeeee!!

Okay, so we are working on a total remodel of our powder room.  I will make that one of my posts as soon as it's complete and I can show you the before and after photos. I'm so excited!!!!!

I originally thought of doing a "coastal theme" ... not too beachy... just a hint. So I picked out a color for the walls.... (Color Place - #639-Bridgewater)... It's a steel blue shade. Looks blue at first glance, but if you hold something blue next to it, you realize it's a gray shade.  So calming, tranquil, relaxing..... so, after looking at the color on the walls for a while, it hit me... BAM! I decided I want to make the theme in this room more of a tranquility, relaxing theme... So... for some strange reason I just kept thinking of Dandelions!  You know... the fun "weeds" you pick from the grass .... make a wish.... and blow the little feathery seeds into the wind!

Well.... Ive ordered a white vinyl decal of dandelions for one wall.... just waiting for it to arrive.... but I came up with a fun idea for a collage of framed black and white pics of Dandelions for another wall.  And the best part is the project only cost me $6.00 -
Woo-Hoo!!!!!  Take a look!


Found these 4x4 picture frames at Dollar Tree.... yes, they were really U~G~L~Y!
Just a dollar each so I got 6 of them.

Took them home, gave 'em a good spraying of Oil Rubbed Bronze....


The frames didnt have a hanger on the back, so I just ripped off the little "easel leg" and glued
a Sawhook Hanger onto the back of each frame. (Found these in a little package in my junk  drawer... who knew?) 

While the glue was drying on the hangers, I looked up some Dandelion
images on the internet and printed out some of the pics in Black and White.
Trimmed them to fit the 4x4 frames.... and Ta-Da!!!!




Im really hoping to have these on the wall in the powder room this weekend
so I can show you the full effect. So... what do you think?








2 comments:

  1. Wow, loved what you did with those frames :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From one brown eyed girl to another, you did a great job on those frames. :[)

    ReplyDelete