Thursday, September 30, 2010

Free FALL FINDINGS

Each day seems to be more "fall-like" as the weather starts to be a little cooler in the mornings and evenings... with sunny (but not HOT) afternoons. Why cant EVERY day be this beautiful!!?
So I've started my routine of taking morning walks.... 2 miles per day right now. I feel so GREAT after walking... especially on beautiful, cool mornings like this! And along the way I'm always distracted by the beautiful things I see.... I guess it's just the artist in me, because I don't see any of the other walkers stopping and picking up sticks and leaves and acorns.... I even stopped and picked some green moss off of a tree branch that had fallen from the storm the night before.  Im started to get funny looks from the other people out there. I dont care! I bet my fall decor around my house is prettier than theirs!!

While most people would see this:

I see this: 


I brought the leaves home, rolled out my clay, pressed the medium leaf into the clay and after a day or two of drying time, I fired it to about 1800 degrees and then glazed it in a beautiful Green Tea Stain. Look at the GORGEOUS details of the veins


I've also learned that I dont have to buy all my fall fillers for my candle cups.... Look at all the pretties I found along the path...
You may see this:


But I see this:
Sorry about the glare on the glass!

I made a few other Fall Themed pieces to list in my shop.... The "Happy Fall" dish sold within a few hours of listing it!  YAY!!!



awwww..... did I mention how much I love the FALL season???  oh... sorry!




No comments:

Post a Comment