Thursday, September 30, 2010

Vacation or Scavenger Hunt?

We've booked our hotel for our mini vacation to Helen, Georgia for late October. Oktoberfest is in full swing and I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the atmosphere up there. The scenery is GORGEOUS.... the air smells and feels AWESOME... all the neat shops and craft booth... and the food! mmmmmmm! My husband can get a good ol' Bratwurst and Beer and be HAPPY! Im not much of a beer drinker myself.... to be honest, after just ONE beer I'm a little too giggly and friendly and then Im just plain SLEEPY.
Anyhow... our weekend is scheduled for later in October and Im soooooo looking forward to taking a morning walk up in the mountains this year because I have a little scavenger hunt planned. Im on the lookout for some GIANT pinecones! Silly, huh? I live in Georgia... We have an abundance of Georgia Pines all around us.... yet I long for those HUGE PINECONES and cant find them anywhere..... well.... let's not say ANYWHERE.... I found some.....




approximately 12" - 17" inches tall.....  where did I find them, you ask??? POTTERY BARN online.... but they are $10 each.... sorry, I cant see paying that when I just might be able to find my own... for FREE!  I can just see a basket full of these babies sitting by my fireplace this winter.

WISH ME LUCK!!


1 comment: